Sunday 12 February 2012

Dear G.O.D

Are you there God? It's me Jacyra. Can you hear me?

God I love you above all things yet sometimes I find myself questioning my love for you. I know that you're a loving God who is all seeing and all powerful, but if you're all of these things and so much more, then can't you see the struggle in the world and deliver us.

I can't pretend to understand all your trials and tribulations or even at times your loving words. They leave me perplexed and fear of eternal damnation soon follows.
Reading the Bible challeneges me. You say 'ask and it shall be given' but if I ask to be wealthy then is this statement not inherently flawed, as 'the poor shall inherit the kingdom of heaven'. Should I then be happy that I am broke , as richness awaits me in Heaven?

I'm a believer....... However, sometimes it's so hard to believe when things constantly seem to be going awry. I feel like the unluckiest girl in the world. I pray that you touch my heart every night and that you feel my spirits with joy and happiness, yet I walk away feeling numb. Am I saying the wrong prayers? or is my heart simply not pure enough?

Help me understand you better Lord. open my mind to your words and action. Feel me with compassion and wisdom. Help me see the errors of my ways and lead me to the path of righteousness.

I am loved on 23 August 2010 - day 235Right now I am lost but I know that you will find me in the sea of faces again. Hurry up though, as I feel like am slipping away into obscurity. Bring me back to the warmth of your bosom, nurture me with the gospel and the body of Christ. Warm up your vessel and channel your abdunance, for I am here to serve you.

Dear God I can't pretend that I have always known you but I love you for blessing me with the people around me. Thank you for my life, my health and most importantly my sanity. Thank you for sticking by me through the torrential rain. Because when it rains it pours. Thank you for believing in me. All I ask is that you help me maintain my faith and continue to love me through thick and thin, in sickness and health, till death do us part.

Thank you.

3 comments: