Thursday 8 July 2010

Going to the Chapel and We're Gonna Get Married


So this time next week I shall be the only un-married women in my family. I should highlight that I mean my immediate family. Things are not that drastic just yet.

Both my sisters will now be someones other half - whilst I will remain the property of my parents.

Its actually quite daunting to know I will be the 'SPINSTER' of the family. Not exactly a title that I relish. I loathe the word spinster but alas that is what I shall be. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

On the other hand I am the youngest girl so its only right that both my sisters are betrothed before me as it would go against type right...
Weddings in general are a lot of hassle as I am slowly but surely finding out. It's one big headache after another. One big explosion of colour scheme and seating charts and please don't get me started on 'The DRESS'. Wow I never realised how one dress can dictate the whole outcome of one's future.

'The Dress' must be 'The Right Dress' it must be 'The Perfect dress'. It has to be all these things and then some. One morsel of fabric out of place and world war 3 starts.

If this is what I have to look forward to then maybe I should be thankful that it isn't my wedding just yet. I refuse to turn into a bridezilla which is what all women become once they put a ring on it.

2 comments:

  1. you're 21, you're not a spinster yet. I believe that title comes into effect after 30

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks for the encouraging words

    ReplyDelete