Sunday 18 March 2012

Is Monogamy a Myth?

Can people really just be with one person for the rest of their lives?

I used to think so.... back when I was a naive and innocent 16 years old, but now at the grand age of twenty something this statement seems a bit far fetched. Call me cynical or whatever but experience and life lessons have shown me that this is very hard fete to achieve.

People's eyes are forever roving, searching for the latest meat (excuse the pun) or wanting to try the newest flavours and scents. No wonder divorce rates are throught the roof.

I blogged a while back about wanting a soulmate and I still want that but I am under no illsusions. In this day and age it is hard for people to be faithful, I am, by no means saying that everyone cheats however, a lot do. Does that mean that I have been put off from Love? NO
Certaintly not. I still have hope.

A man can love you and still cheat on you!

You may not agree with this statement.........however, you are just deceiving yourself.

Everyone is different,  people will make choices and take actions that we may not understand after all, we are human beings and therefore in essence flawed. I just hope that when my 'knight' comes; in all his glory that he will be truthful and honest. If the relationship is not working out, then he should just let me go, rather than betray me. But I guess the old adage applies ' What you don't know can't hurt you". All you can do is trust.


To trust is to let go

I once read the above 'quote' in a book called 'Surfacing' (check it out, great read) and this statement definetely applies to relationships. Trust is key. Once its broken your relationship is irreparable, no matter how hard you try to fix it.

So is Monogamy a myth? hmm not sure. Some people definetely strive to be monogamous, whilst others fail. We just have to trust that our partners will and want to stay faithful.

Relationships are like rollercoasters, you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. Every twists and turns are lessons learnt. You are not going to enjoy them all, but some rides are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment